WE ARE CONVENIENTLY LOCATED NEAR THE MARINA AND FISHING PIER.
Located just off Highway 101 with expansive views of the Pacific Ocean and close proximity to Oceanside's sandy beaches, Sandy Shores Trailer Park was a popular destination for travelers in the 1950s and 1960s.
OUR COMMUNITY OFFERS A LAUNDRY FACILITY AND HIS AND HER SHOWERS.
Sandy Shores opened in 1951 during an era when RVs and travel trailers were growing in popularity and beginning to include modern conveniences such as complete kitchens, refrigerators, bathrooms and real plumbing systems. Sandy Shores was originally built as a 55 space trailer park across the street from what at the time was the existing 100 space Harbor View Trailer Coach Villa.
In 1962 Sandy Shores Trailer Park was purchased by Oceanside native Harold Carpenter, who owned and operated the nearby Carpenters Towing and Auto Salvage business. After several years of construction, the Oceanside Harbor opened in 1963, adding another attraction along with a spectacular view for travelers staying in the park. By the late 1960s the Harbor View Trailer Coach Villa across the street closed down and the number of spaces in Sandy Shores was reduced to make way for bigger and more luxurious travel trailers.
Today Sandy Shores is still locally owned and operated by like minded people. It now consists of 40+ spaces, including some short term RV spaces (6 months or less), but the majority of the spaces are used as a coastal vacation spot for people who reside in Riverside and San Bernardino Counties. Many are second or third generation families who have been coming to Oceanside for years to enjoy the quaint atmosphere of the RV park and the nearby beaches, harbor and other attractions. Sandy Shores continues to remain a popular destination spot due to its quaintness and proximity to so many Southern California attractions.